thiefofcamorr

Thief of Camorr

Katharine likes to think she’s a Sky Pirate and that takes up most of her time. When she isn’t treasure hunting, she’s writing or playing video games and wishing Doctor Who and Farscape were real.

Winter Be My Shield
Jo Spurrier
Neverwhere
Neil Gaiman
Splashdance Silver (Mocklore Chronicles)
Tansy Rayner Roberts
The Lost World
Arthur Conan Doyle

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (Twilight Saga)

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer Oh good lord, this is awful. I don't know if I can finish it (currently at 19 pages), and that's even reading it at work to avoid end of financial year accounting reports.All the talk about the Hulk and Spider-man, 'BBFs' and calling Bree 'girl', is absolutely appalling. Apart from sounding stupid it doesn't even seem naturally used. All the writing seems jilted as if they talk exactly the same - don't these people have personalities at all?I'm amused as to how this book was written to give us an idea of the villains, and yet Bree is as good as she can be. Uh, what's the point then? 'Walking disco balls'. My god.'Super secret ninja club'.While I could almost accept Bree and Diego suddenly hanging out together, the kissing and hugging makes it unbelievable. Why does he say they need to be careful to get the right coven? I thought they said they were the ONLY coven there, and that's why the other was attacking them thinking it would be easy to own the whole area.Though I probably missed something in that regard. I must confess I'm not really reading anymore. Just skimming.Why couldn't she smell the werewolves/shapeshifters, if they smell OH SO TERRIBLE to vampires? Though I guess if she doesn't know they exist... but she'd still smell them, I'd think.OH GOOD GOD, THANK GOD THAT'S OVER. MY GOD.