thiefofcamorr

Thief of Camorr

Katharine likes to think she’s a Sky Pirate and that takes up most of her time. When she isn’t treasure hunting, she’s writing or playing video games and wishing Doctor Who and Farscape were real.

Winter Be My Shield
Jo Spurrier
Neverwhere
Neil Gaiman
Splashdance Silver (Mocklore Chronicles)
Tansy Rayner Roberts
The Lost World
Arthur Conan Doyle

Gathering Dark 1 (Grisha)

The Gathering Dark (The Grischa, #1) - Leigh Bardugo ‘The Gathering Dark’ – also known as ‘Shadow and Bone’ by Leigh Bardugo is the first in the Grisha Trilogy – the second expected in 2013 and the third, in 2014.We meet orphans Alina and Mal, first and just quickly when they’re young and then suddenly when they’re young adults, in the army, in which the story than continues. Mal is a solider and Alina a cartographer, until a battle almost to the death reveals something about Alina she wasn’t even aware of.Then we’re trust into a grand, rich world that’s set in a Russia-inspired fantasy, used with a bit of artistic licence, to create a distinct atmosphere and tone in her novel. The author takes the time to explain what their daily life is like, which enables you to identify with the characters even if we’ve never known anything like what they’re going through.Full review here: http://sentientonline.net/?p=3582