thiefofcamorr

Thief of Camorr

Katharine likes to think she’s a Sky Pirate and that takes up most of her time. When she isn’t treasure hunting, she’s writing or playing video games and wishing Doctor Who and Farscape were real.

Winter Be My Shield
Jo Spurrier
Neverwhere
Neil Gaiman
Splashdance Silver (Mocklore Chronicles)
Tansy Rayner Roberts
The Lost World
Arthur Conan Doyle

Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices)

Clockwork Angel  - Cassandra Clare Well, it's exactly like Mortal Instruments, but kinda steampunky and set in London. It's enjoyable in a 'don't have to think' kind of way. It's not brilliant, but it is enjoyable. I didn't find I connected with the characters as much as seemed possible in Mortal Instruments though. They were all stand-offish (as was the time... but I think it's possible to show that, and yet still allow us to connect with them) and there didn't seem to be as much to them. In a way... I can't see a need for these books to exist. It's really too alike to Mortal Instruments to warrant it. I hope Clare doesn't continue to milk the cash cow (as the saying goes) but... well, I guess if you only wish to read to pass the time, then is there really any harm done? Basically... this could have been done so much better. It could have also been a lot worse though.